The with lyberty collections are made with quality materials and designed to be worn, enjoyed and lived in. This care guide will help you maintain your jewellery to ensure its longevity.
18k Gold Plated 925 Sterling Silver
These pieces are made from a base metal of 925 sterling silver and then thickly plated with 18k gold, with an extra anti-tarnish layer on for longevity. They are hypoallergenic and we never use lead, nickel or copper. They will not turn your skin green. Sterling silver is a delicate material and we advise to remove before contact with liquids and water.
18k Gold Plated Stainless Steel
A base metal of 316 stainless steel and triple PVD plated in 18k gold. It is also hypoallergenic and we never use lead, nickel or copper. They will not turn your skin green. Stainless steel is very durable and resistant to water and tarnishing however, to help prolong shine and lifespan, we advise to remove all jewellery when coming in with water and liquids.
18k Gold Vermeil
Pronounced ‘ver-may’. The piece must have a base of sterling silver and must be plated with a thickness of 2.5 microns of gold. The plating process is different too - Gold Vermeil is plated with a process known as ‘electrolysis’, making the jewellery very durable. These pieces are more resistant to water and tarnishing. They are hypoallergenic and we never use lead, nickel or copper.
Caring and Storing
- Any lotions, deodorants, perfumes, household items can seriously harm your gold plated jewels and discolour them over time.
- All stainless steel based jewellery can be worn in water. However, constant contact with water and liquids can reduce the lifespan of your jewellery so we advise to remove when exercising, washing your hands, showering, swimming or doing anything that involves moisture.
- Store your jewellery pieces individually, you can keep them in our with lyberty organic cotton pouch so that they don’t rub together, scratch or tangle.
- Remove jewellery when sleeping.
- Always remember that your jewellery should be the last thing you put on and the first thing you take off when dressing.
After wearing, clean your jewellery carefully with a soft, non-abrasive, soft jewellery cloth. This helps maintain or bring back its shine.
Caring for your pearls
Wipe pearls gently with a lint free cloth and store in the protective with lyberty pouch provided.
- For a pearl to keeps its luster, it’s best to remove pearl jewellery before any contact with water or liquids.
- If an item is received broken or incorrect you must email in within 14 days of receiving it. You are entitled to a free replacement if this is the case.
- Our warranty covers: any material or manufacturing defects.
- Our warranty does not cover: general wear and tear, improper handling and not following care guide. Scratches or chips. Lost or stolen goods or parts.
We use delicate materials such as gold and silver, over time jewellery can fade naturally due to multiple factors including general wear and tear, exposure to moisture, chemicals and air. This is not considered a manufacturing fault.
All our pieces are finished with an anti-tarnish coating to ensure the plating stays in tip top condition for as long as possible. All styles are hypoallergenic, nickel, lead free and won't turn your skin green!