Materials & Care
The with lyberty collections are made with quality materials and designed to be worn, enjoyed and lived in. This care guide will help you maintain your jewellery to ensure its longevity.
18k Gold Plated 925 Sterling Silver
These pieces are made from a base metal of 925 sterling silver and then thickly plated with 18k gold, with an extra anti-tarnish layer on for longevity. They are hypoallergenic and we never use lead, nickel or brass. They will not turn your skin green.
18k Gold Plated Stainless Steel
A base metal of 316 stainless steel and plated with a thick coating of 18k gold. Stainless steel is water resistant and tarnish resistant. They are also hypoallergenic and we never use lead, nickel or brass. They will not turn your skin green.
18k Gold Vermeil
Pronounced ‘ver-may’. The piece must have a base of sterling silver and must be plated with a thickness of 2.5 microns of gold. The plating process is different too - Gold Vermeil is plated with a process known as ‘electrolysis’, making the jewellery very durable. These pieces are more resistant to water and tarnishing. Hypoallergenic and we never use lead, nickel or brass
- If an item is received broken or wrong you must email in within 14 days of receiving it. You are entitled to a free replacement if this is the case.
- We are not liable for items broken due to not following jewellery care.
Caring and Storing
- Any lotions, deodorants, perfumes, household items can seriously harm your gold plated jewels and discolour them.
- All stainless steel based jewellery can be worn in water with no risk of tarnishing. However, constant contact with water and liquids can reduce the lifespan of your jewellery so we advise to remove when exercising, washing your hands, showering, swimming or doing anything that involves moisture.
- Store your jewellery pieces individually, you can keep them in our with lyberty organic cotton pouch so that they don’t rub together, scratch or tangle.
- Remove jewellery when sleeping.
- Always remember that your jewellery should be the last thing you put on and the first thing you take off when dressing.
After wearing, clean your jewellery carefully with a soft, non-abrasive, soft jewellery cloth. This helps maintain or bring back its shine.
Caring for your pearls
Wipe pearls gently with a lint free cloth and store in the protective with lyberty pouch provided. Do not immerse in water or store in air tight container.
We use delicate materials such as gold and silver, over time jewellery can fade naturally due to multiple factors to wear and tear, exposure to moisture, chemicals and air. This is not considered a manufacturing fault.
All our pieces are finished with an anti-tarnish coating to ensure the plating stays in tip top condition for as long as possible. All styles are hypoallergenic, nickel and lead free!